The Xarelto is the trade name of rivaroxaban , an anticoagulant used to prevent blood clots in some patients who have undergone different types of surgery. It can also be used in the case of patients suffering from atrial fibrillation , reducing the chance of blood clots that may compromise their welfare. In unComo.com we offer information about Xarelto, indications, side effects and uses .
What Is The Purpose Xarelto
The Xarelto is used to prevent blood clotting, also known as deep vein thrombosis, in patients who have undergone various surgeries, such as hip replacement or knee or various orthopedic operations.
It can also be prescribed in patients with atrial fibrillation in order to prevent the formation of clots that cause strokes .
The Xarelto should always be taken in milligrams and quantity indicated by the doctor and for the time determined by the specialist. Each patient has individual needs regarding treatment. It can be taken once or twice a day according to medical recommendation, the important thing is never to exceed the prescribed dose.
In cases of ingestion by surgery is usually recommended one pill of 10 mg per day. For patients with atrial fibrillation it is recommended to take one tablet of 15 mg or 20 mg with dinner.
Warnings To Take Xarelto
By taking Xarelto is important to note the following warnings:
· Tell any doctor who treats you that you are taking this anticoagulant, even before realizarte simple medical treatments such as dental cleanings.
· Avoid activities that may increase the risk of injury or damage.
· This medicine should not be used in patients with heart valves or who suffer from active bleeding.
· If you suffer from spinal defects, problems in the spine, has been received epidural recently has received lumbar puncture or antyiinflamatorios are ingested frequently should not be given this medicine risk to suffer from blood clots is the dorsal spine.
· Nor should be administered with antifungal medications or HIV protease inhibitors.
· It should not be administered during pregnancy and lactation.
Side Effects Of Xarelto
Side effects of Xarelto or Rivaroxaban which may occur more frequently are:
· Hemorrhages and bleeding after surgery.
· Decreased energy.
· Urogenital tract bleeding.
· peripheral edema.
· Pain in the limbs or muscles.
· Dry mouth.
· Itchy skin.
This article is for information only, in unCOMO have no power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any diagnosis. We invite you to visit a doctor in case of presenting any kind of condition or discomfort.
To read more articles like Xarelto - indications, usage and side effects , we recommend you enter our category of medicines and supplements .